Eating for your blood type – Blood Type A
I have had clients ask me what they should eat for their particular blood type. I’ve been doing some research.
Could eating a diet based on your blood type — O, A, B, or AB — help you lose weight and get healthier?
Some researchers claims that the foods you eat react chemically with your blood type. If you follow a diet designed for your blood type, your body will digest food more efficiently. You’ll lose weight, have more energy, and help prevent disease.
As I am Type A myself, this is where I’ll start!
- We adapt well to changes in our diet and environment
- We have little need for animal food
- Our Immune systems preserve and metabolise nutrients easily
- We have vulnerable immune systems that are open to microbial invasion
- We have sensitive digestive tracts
- Liver and gallbladder disorders
- Type 1 diabetes
- Heart Disease
Diet Profile – Its recommended that we each mostly vegan/vegetarian
- Vitamin B12
- Folic acid
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Centering exercises, such as yoga and tai chi
Do you know your blood type? Do you notice your body craves different foods based on your blood type? Are you lacking in Vitamins or Minerals based on your blood type? Does your body respond differently to various types of exercise based on your blood type!
It’s time to tune in to our bodies!
*This is adapted from Peter D’Adamo’s Eat Right for Your Type: The Individualized Diet Solution to Staying Healthy, Living Longer & Achieving Your Ideal Weight